Friday, June 25, 2010

Funny About Feet

Mommy's Sockies!


My kid is funny about feet!  He is obsessed with socks, my socks in particular. If he finds a pair rolled up, he brings them over to me and says "sockies ON?" and figures I must need to put them on, even if I already am wearing some.  But he especially loves my extra soft or fuzzy socks. Nearly every day, he pulls a pair out of my drawer and happily cuddles it to his face saying "ohhh" like its some cuddly stuffed toy. But recently, he's decided that maybe he should also try them on. So Lawrence happily pulled these fuzzy socks onto Ethan's little legs & he marched around the kitchen in them like a half-Muppet child, probably sweating profusely.

He loves seeing other people's bare toes. Even a stranger. He'll usually point and say TOES or he'll go over to them and pinch them going "Eeeee" like we used to do when pinching his bare toes. So, if you come to my house in sandals, be prepared to have a toddler grab your toes with a squeal.

However, he is not fond of being bare foot. Oh, in the house its ok, but he really hates playing outside with no shoes on. He would prefer to play in his pool with socks & shoes on than barefoot. I think its the grass! If I do get him outside with no shoes on, he won't leave the patio. And then if he does go on the grass he does this high goose step like I've made him walk on thorns. It really is a funny site. 

We also can hardly get him to wear shoes without socks on. I thought sandals or water shoes would be the answer to solving his barefoot problem. But he screams like we're beating him if I try to slide on shoes without socks on.

Hopefully as the summer progresses he'll get more & more used to barefeet. He's going to look awfully silly at the beach with a swimsuit and socks & shoes on... but then, I've seen some grown men that still do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment