Monday, June 28, 2010

Wheels On The Bus


So, Ethan got a new toy this weekend. His birthday is coming up in a few weeks & I convinced Gramma & Papa that he should have this bus-slide toy from them early. He loves anything with wheels and he also loves buses so when we saw this on line at the Toys R Us website I knew he had to have it. Besides, the playground equipment gets SO HOT in the sun now that its summer so its not as fun to go to the park (except for swingin)

Lawrence & I put it together on Saturday night. I swear they want parents to fight when assembling these things. It looks simple but truly required reading the instructions & doing it step by step. The worst part was the labels. Those suckers were sticky! Try as I might, I couldn't get them to line up right without air bubbles. I let L finish applying them after he, um, remarked about my skills. Hmph! Why couldn't the stickers come on already mounted. *grumble*

Anyways, Sunday morning after breakfast was the big reveal and it was a sucess, just as we hoped it would be. He loved it. He doesn't go down the slide much yet, just gets in there & steers! And the attached wheels actually spin around. He loves that too.

So, every time I look at it, I get the melody to the song "Wheels on the Bus" in my head. In fact it has been going "round & round" in my brain all day long. Oh well, whatever keeps my little boy occupied is worth an annoying song stuck in my head.

And in case it isn't stuck in yours yet, here you go:

The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round
Round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All around the town!

And Ethan's fave verses

The horn on the bus goes Beep, Beep, Beep

and

The baby on the bus goes Wah, wah, wahhh!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!! I know he loves it. Happy early b-day to Ethan!!!

    ReplyDelete